Tuesday 13 February 2007

Brassed off and wet

Moored outside Apsley Marina

We have been patiently waiting outside the marina for the courier with our self pump out gear from Denham Yacht Station which was supposed to have arrived this morning. Fat chance. I have rung DYS twice now, the first time the courier said that he was here at 8.59am and couldn’t find anybody. Yer right! The second time the courier said it was still on the truck and would be delivered by 5pm, the only thing they forgot to tell us was what day cos it still ain’t here.
On the good side we have now refuelled from Candle Bridge Carrying Co who arrived early this afternoon. The downside to this was that the heavens opened up and we got soaked.
While trying to fill in time I refilled the water tank and checked all of the batteries so we should be all set to go as soon as the parcel arrives, although time is running short as we have to be through the Ivinghoe locks 32 and 33 by the weekend due to them closing for maintenance.
I struck lucky today because I went up to Homebase for a few bits and pieces and found that they had a special on Skil power tools. I had been contemplating buying a jigsaw from their in house brand range for ₤12. The Skil special was buy 1 get 1 free so I hunted around the store to find the display which was nowhere near the power tool dept, typical. The items on special were a drill and sander neither of which I wanted but at the bottom of the display were angle grinders and jigsaws which was just what the doctor ordered so guess what I bought. The 2 tools cost me ₤29.99 which was marginally dearer than their own brand but when I take them back to NZ I will be able to get them serviced.
Dot popped into Home base about an hour or so later only to find that the only items still left on the shelf were the drills so who’s a lucky fella then. Timed that nicely didn’t I?

No comments: