Monday 12 May 2008

Incognito No more

Still moored at Prickwillow, River Lark

Today was going to be a lay over day, not that my name sake or I got much of a rest as I stripped down the port side gunnels back to bare metal to get rid of some rust, and primed it in red oxide and one coat of undercoat. The other Derek pulled out his weed hatch for re-painting. I ran my grinder over the worst of the rust and he finished it off and then applied several coats of paint.

Time for a break

This afternoon has been very hot again so its been a case of finding or making some shade to keep cool. Now many of our followers have been asking about who our travelling companions are. Well last evening they finally got around to applying their self adhesive boat name so with much pomp and ceremony we got a photo of them both alongside their handy work, Ta-Da, drum roll please maestro!

1131 locks, 1505½ miles, 41 Tunnels, 41 swing bridges and 19 lift bridges since Nov 2006

3 comments:

Kev's Blog Space said...

Hello D&D. I read you blog often. You are now on my home river, but I am in Foxes Marina @ the moment awaiting an engine transplant. I am normally moored at Fenland boats. You will see my empt mooring. Its the one with loads of work related stuff :-(

Kevin

Kev's Blog Space said...

Hello D&D. I read you blog often. You are now on my home river, but I am in Foxes Marina @ the moment awaiting an engine transplant. I am normally moored at Fenland boats. You will see my empt mooring. Its the one with loads of work related stuff :-(

Kevin

Derek and Dot said...

Hi Kev
Sorry we were unable to meet. Beautiful home territory we have really enjoyed the weekend and move on to Ely tomorrow.
Take care