Saturday 8 November 2008

Biding our time.

0 Locks 6 ½ Miles. Now moored at bridge 4  Middlewich Branch.

As we had been on our mooring at Nantwich for 48 hours it was time to move so we cruised down to the winding hole at bridge 91, winded and worked our way back to our current mooring. We try to abide by the rules but we notice plenty that don't.

After lunch I did an oil change on the engine and changed the oil filter so we are all set for winter. I also had to tweak up the stern gland as it has now bedded in after re-packing it recently.

We plan to stay here for the weekend when we will return to Nantwich so that I can attend Leighton hospital on Wednesday for further tests. Dot has an appointment for a haircut on Tuesday and then for her annual flu jab.  We were lucky the local doctors accepted us as temporary patients as our own doctor suggested that the supplies of flu vaccine may have run out by the time we get to see her in December. In the meantime I have a few small jobs on the boat that I have to attend to which will keep me occupied over the week-end.

1515 locks, 3199 ½ miles, 51 Tunnels, 42 swing bridges and 39 lift bridges since Nov 2006

No comments: