Monday 31 May 2010

I’m no Terrorist!

Earlier this week while still in London I spotted this recycling container for used batteries.  Now we are always being told to be green and recycle, but I have never seen one of these before. New Zealand should take note.New Zealand 075

I received a touch on the shoulder from the Store Manager asking what I was doing.  She politely told me that in this country one is not supposed to take photos in a shop due to the threat of terrorism.  On hearing my accent and explanation she laughed and said one couldn’t be too sure.  It shows how touchy people have become on this side of the world and the threat of terrorism is so real.  How lucky we are to consider New Zealand our home.

3 comments:

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

It has recently been made a legal requirement that all shops selling batteries (except in very small quanitites) must also recycle them so almost all shops selling batteries should have a container like this.

Unknown said...

At least you didnt get searched by the police.

Derek and Dot said...

Hi Maffi
Thought of you at the time. Take care Dot