Sunday 29 January 2012

Heading north (for a while).

Going back to the previous blog and my joining the PWMC,this came about because I had tried to join the Returned Serviceman's Association having served in the Army in the days of National Military Service. Due to the lack of members probably because of there being no WW I veterans alive and WW II veterans now reaching the 80+ age group, these clubs are dis-appearing at an alarming rate.I have since found that the RSA has amalgamated with the PWMC in Lower Hutt and hold a weekly meeting in the club rooms so joining the PWMC has sort of had the same result.

After a reasonable night’s stay at Ngatitoa Domain where we enjoyed the company of other NZ Motor Caravan Association member’s it was time to travel a bit further North back to Geoff and Eileen’s at Otaki where I was told the gardens required my attention once more.

Having arrived back in Otaki we got ourselves organised and while shuffling around in the cab I twisted around and got a searing pain through my pelvis and up my back. It was excruciatingly painful and it was all I could do to get out of the motorhome. Walking around didn’t help so I dragged myself back into the motorhome and collapsed on my bed where I spent the next 24 hours trying as best I could to relieve the pain and get mobile again.

I have since managed to regain my feet and I am actually better off walking around than sitting. I have managed to do some gardening in the built up gardens so it’s not a total disaster.

Last night we went out to visit an old friend, Jean and partner, Tom. Tom put on a great BBQ and over a few beer’s we caught up with all the news over the last 6 years or more.

No comments: