Friday 21 September 2012

Busy,Busy,Busy!

While we wait for moving day we are still busy sorting and packing. On a recent visit to Bunnings, equivalent to B&Q for those on the other side of the world, we found a kitset storage unit for the garage for $155. Checking out the dimensions I thought why buy that when I have the raw materials sitting in the garage.

So this week I have been busy cutting out the panels as a kitset and with plenty of paint to hand they now has 4 coats of paint. I just have to wait for Dot’s Uncle to return from his holiday and get him to cut the grooves for the shelves to fit into. It will remain as a kitset until we move to Levin where I will assemble it.

In preparation for our move I thought that I would contact the Levin Model Railway club for a chat. After a false start with an out of date contact phone number, I made contact with John who it transpires lives in the same village that we are moving into and he also owns a motorhome so we should have plenty in common.

No comments: