Saturday 22 July 2017

Faversham in Kent.

Faversham Almshouses

On Friday I caught the train into Victoria Station before changing onto South East trains to Dover. I wasn't heading this far but to the old market town of Faversham. With a population of 20,000 it is almost the same size as my hometown of Levin, New Zealand.

The purpose of my visit was to visit our friends Derek and Carrie previous owners of Narrowboat Uccello. We had spent several months travelling together when we were living on Narrowboat Gypsy Rover prior to us returning to New Zealand in  2011.
The almshouses are directly across the road from their home in Faversham.

Looking under the verandahs from the Chapel
The Abbey has a lovely altar and window.
Faversham Market
Beautiful building dated 1887

Tomorrow Carrie and I intend to visit several open homes, but not anything like the open homes in New Zealand.

No comments: