Wednesday 27 June 2012

RIP Dad

The day after I returned to work I took the day off for the internment of my dads ashes. My sister Mary and her husband Tony had flown down to Wellington in the morning on the first flight out of Auckland. 

The weather couldn't have been worse as I drove into the airport to pick them up.  Luckily most of the drivers were being very cautious (as was I) driving slow in the pouring rain and heavy winds.  By the time I arrived at the airport the rain had died but the gale force winds were still pretty atrocious.  Mary reckoned it was the worst landing she had ever had in the capital renowned for the strong winds. Otherwise known as ‘Windy City’ although I don't think it is as bad as I remember years ago.

IMG_7525

After a lovely breakfast with my niece we headed for Wainuiomata and the lovely remembrance garden with an area set aside for returned servicemen.  In the meantime Derek was at home baking a tray  of hot scones for our arrival back there.

No comments: