Wednesday 25 November 2015

Gotcha for once!

IMG_0481_thumb1Surprise, surprise who’s 70 then?

Derek had ideas of quietly having a birthday and nobody knowing. I had other ideas and together with Sandra we had been scheming for weeks. Invitations were sent out via email with the venue at Sandra and Dons home.

PB2100172_thumb1On arrival Jenny caught the surprised look on Derek’s face.

Sandra had invited us for dinner and Derek thought nothing of the invitation although 6pm would have been later than usual.  I opted to travel on an alternative route with an excuse I wanted to check out a future rally venue.  I knew that if we travelled straight there Derek would see all the caravans on the front lawn and would smell a rat immediately. 

IMG_0484_thumb1Sandra explaining how she first met Derek 21 years ago.

It took a while for it to sink in with friends from the Caravan club and Menzshed already there. I don’t think I have ever seen him so stuck for words.  But he soon settled down and we had a great evening.

IMG_0487_thumb1Cutting the cake.

1 comment:

BigJohn said...

Many happy returns, Derek