Saturday 17 June 2017

London and beyond!

Not what it looks like! But Tracey's dining room blind.


I felt quite proud of myself on Thursday travelling from Tracey's home in Carshalton Beeches to March, a total of about 4 hours by bus and train.
First a 5 minute walk around the corner to hail a bus to take me to Sutton Railway Station.
As  the bus pulled into the station I received a text from Tracey as to whether I was on the bus. Texting a reply I spotted her across the road, she had popped out of work for a couple of minutes for a breather just to make sure I found the right platform for my train journey on the Thames Link into St Pancras International.  


Here it was time to cross the road to King's Cross Station for my next leg of the journey to Peterborough.  Unable to spot my Virgin train on the display board I had to ask at the help desk to discover the train was bound for Harrogate.  How was I to know that Peterborough was an intermediary stop on that line?
Travelling north I saw several fields with rows upon rows of solar panels. Hundreds of them. I must do some research and find out what they are.


Twenty five minutes later and we arrived in Peterborough where I had another twenty minute wait for my train to March.
Now I knew March reasonably well from living here for about 9 months a few years ago when we sold Nb Gypsy Rover so I knew my last leg of the journey on shanks pony would take me about 40 minutes. Brilliant hot sunshine with a temperature of about 24 degrees made the journey hard going.  It's going to be worse on Sunday with temperatures forecast to be in the 30's. Who says it doesn't get hot in the UK?
I had a great welcome at Mick and Julies, our landlords for 9 months in 2010 -2011 before taking delivery of our Motorhome Gypsy Rover.

Lovely welcome at Julie and Mick's home.

2 comments:

ingram_kath@hotmail.com said...

I was interested to pick up your blog via my cousin Chris' blog. And the fact you lived for a while in March. I walk into town every day passing the narrowboats. Small world.

Derek and Dot said...

Yes Kathy it is indeed a small world. We loved our time in March. Not much has changed in the last 6 years.