Monday 5 June 2017

London here I come!

Muriwai Gannet Colony.

Yesterday morning Robin and Jenny kindly took Derek and I to Palmerston North for my flight to Auckland and then on to London.

I will be staying with my sister Mary for a couple of days before flying out to Singapore tomorrow evening. Today being a nice day my sister suggested we do out to the Gannet colony north of Auckland out by Murawai beach.

A lovely drive followed and we spent a couple of hours at the beach despite only a few gannets in residence.


A few Gannets only here.


You can spot the nesting sites of the birds.

On our way back to the car we spotted these men flying off the side of the hill and trying to catch the wind. They would run down the steep slope on the cliffs overlooking the beach and just launch themselves into space.


Launched into space.


Heading for the beach.


No comments: