Sunday 4 November 2007

What have we here then?

Still moored at Uxbridge

As I sit here writing this blog world war three has broken out in the neighbourhood. Fireworks were never this big,explosive or noisy when I was a kid and they wonder why people get injured with them. Personally I am all in favour of organised displays which are run by people who know what they are doing with explosives. After over 300 years, Guy Fawkes's infamy surpasses even that of  King Edward the eight or many other famous people.

So Dr Bones wants to push us off our weblog placing does she? We'll have to see about this. Just because she has got herself into print (Inland Waterways mag) doesn't mean she's top dog.

I am getting a bit concerned about Maffi on "Milly M". I thought that he was a continuous cruiser like ourselves but he seems to have got his anchor stuck in the mud in Oxford and  cannot get moving again. I also think he is being led astray by a couple of very nice young ladies. He has been using the excuse that the medics won't let him move on because of his eye, yeah right, pull the other one mate, it's got bells on it.

A little bit of friendly rivalry does no harm, keep up the good work guys!

808 locks, 1125.5 miles, 33 Tunnels, 39 swing bridges and 19 lift bridges since Nov 2006

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You say a couple of nice young ladies, dammened if I can think of the second. :)

MortimerBones said...

bah... I am not enjoying this friendly rivalry at all! chuckle.

Maffi seems to have trouble putting his boat into gear once he has started the engine! Not that I am complaining of course; he has a washing machine!