Ranfurly Hospital which was started in the 1920’s with fund raising by John Fenton and George Devenny. The hospital was destined for Naseby but Ranfurly was deemed more central for the Maniatoto district. John Fenton was also instrumental in setting up the town library.
Ranfurly station has a historic display of the railway line from Dunedin to Clyde part of which is now the Central Otago Rail Trail for cyclists. The pictures above and below are of the railways hay day.
Bowker’s Bridge. The McCormick’s Creek Bridge is the last of the original stone bridges still to be seen on the old coach road to Central Otago. Replaced by the new Highway 85 bridge in 1962.