Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Waitangi Day New Zealand National day

Moored near Lock 67 Apsley

The weather man got it nearly right as we awoke to -1.6c deg and a white frost this morning.
By the time Tim arrived at 10.30 to fit the covers it was a beautiful but cold day.
We are very pleased with the covers and have already noticed an improvement in the temperature inside the boat with the added draught protection of the covers.
We were very impressed in the way Tim very meticulously fitted all the hooks, studs and fittings ensuring that there would not be any leaks caused by his workmanship. We would have no hesitation in recommending him
( to anybody wanting a new or replacement cover made.
Now all I have to do is fit the glass panel in the cratch frame and that’s another job finished. There is also some touch up painting as the cream trim will be changed to burgundy to complement the covers. Of course there is a few other trims to be painted to match, such as plank, pole, hook and hatch. The roof and side panels will eventually be light grey.
But of course Rome wasn't built in a day and it's all coming together nicely.

In the meantime I have made a start on touching up the varnish inside the boat. The original varnish was sprayed on and apparently was a watered down water based varnish which has seen better days.
Tonight I noticed that the dining room radiator was colder at the top than the bottom so I bled the air out of the system again and it has made a huge difference. Obviously this is going to need to be a regular chore every 3 or 4 weeks.

No comments: