Monday 14 January 2008

Brickbats and Roses

Still moored at Stowehill bridge no 26 at Weedon

We had an email this morning from one of our regular readers in Brisbane, Australia.  Unfortunately due to our slow internet connections some of our links to our main website are not being updated and are a few days behind.  I have emailed the changes to my son in New Zealand who is our web server and he will try and update for me.  Updating the blog, although a little slow works ok but our main website is on a much smaller and slower server than Blogger.  Our apologies regarding this and hopefully it will be rectified shortly.  Thanks for picking this up  Richard and Denise as well as Jenny and Robin in New Zealand.

I know we are always poking the borax at BW but when I read our invoice for our current Gold Licence I couldn't believe what I was reading. Now we paid for the licence on the 23/11/07 but the money didn't go from our bank account until 1 month later on the 24/12/07. The invoice/receipt was dated 03/01/08 but this was not what really took the cake. The invoice was addressed from BW "The Grange" Watford etc;etc. Now BW head office shifted to 64 Clarendon Road Watford on the 17/12/07 so with computer generated paperwork it is only a few minutes work to correct this. Now having been self employed for over 20 years I find this tardiness unbelievable for any company or institution the size of BW. I don't profess to know the answer but management,leadership, professionalism and work pride are a few words that come to mind.

No comments: