Sunday 30 August 2009

Model Railway Exhibition.

Well I certainly timed this week-end right, when I was at the Morrison supermarket yesterday I spotted a pamphlet on the store’s notice board advertising the local club’s annual exhibition. As luck would have it , it was only a ten minute walk away through the nearby park.

Skipton 019 Skipton model railway exhibition August 2009. No good model railway should be without a canal.

For the price it wasn’t too bad a show but it would have been nice to see a few more layout’s rather than trade stands. The 2 main layouts, 1 x “OO” gauge and 1 x “n” gauge were impressive but the remainder didn’t hold the viewers interest. One layout was being run to a timetable which from personal experience doesn’t hold the crowds. They come to see trains running not long periods of empty track. Several others were just small goods yard diorama’s where things didn’t happen very quickly but they were well made. Two American layout were on display but I’m afraid they don’t do anything for me.

Skipton 020 There was one “O” gauge layout which was only part finished and not really exhibition quality but what caught my eye here were 2 Bedford coaches in red and cream with Premier along the side. Upon closer inspection they were Premier coaches from Watford and I can recall travelling with them on a couple of occasions to the seaside, probably Clacton. I know they were only models but it bought back memories.

Skipton 022 As it was market day today Dot took herself off to town for a good look around and some serious window shopping.

No comments: